Glenfarclas 12

Glenfarclas 12
obtained via bottle swap with Bobby Childs

Continuing my taste through some sample bottles, the result of a swap between me and Bobby Childs of Adventures in Whiskey. I've never had Glenfarclas before, so very excited to give it a try.

Color: medium amber/gold.

Smell: sweet and floral, and very approachable. Plenty of honey sweetness, sweet toffee/bread pudding aromas, and white dessert wine notes.

Taste: tons of sweetness throughout the palate. Everything is light and dancy: honey, melon, red apple, orange citrus, and raisin. The sherry influence here is huge - this almost tastes like a sweet Scotch cocktail or liqueur. Very far in the background there are some smoke and wood flavors, but it's really all about the sugar.

Overall: it's smooth and it's sweet, but it is distractingly sweet for me. If you have a sweet-tooth or just prefer sweeter scotches/whiskies, by all means this is for you. I do think it's quite enjoyable, but I can only have a small glass of this. "B" for me.