Jura "Diurachs' Own" 16 Year

Jura
Single Malt Scotch Whisky
"Diurachs' Own"
Aged 16 years
40% ABV (80 proof)
~$70 (bought 20cl bottle in Iceland duty-free for a bit less)

Color: light/medium brown with orange tint

Smell: light, creamy, and sweet. There's a pleasant wave of light caramel candies and vanilla custard, with a tiny bit of nuttiness a mineral/gravel element underlying everything. Complex and pleasing, albeit mild.

Taste: soft and approachable. The faint sweetness hits first - again, vanilla custard and fluffy caramels. The slight almond nuttiness comes in during the midpalate, and it's joined by a slight bit of oak spice and lemon zest on a medium finish.

Overall: I like it. I think it's really nice, and very well balanced. For me, it's solid "B+" whisky experience, but I think it's a bit too steep in terms of price/value. I'd be curious to taste this at barrel strength, though I suspect it might become too oaky/spicy.